Barcelona, June 16, 2020.- The prestigious PWC Consultant has published a study on Process Automation in companies. Below, we have made a summary with the most practical conclusions for management software professionals, applied to transportation and logistics companies.
A key automation lever is deciding how to start: with end-to-end processes or with discrete tasks. Within a function, or across the business, successful automation initiatives identify problems that technology can solve—as opposed to starting with a specific technology like RPA or AI and looking at where to apply it. And those problems often come down to data, or, more specifically, to helping the people who currently must wrangle that data. For example, they do this within applications working in ERP systems or between applications when they need to pull data, manipulate it and feed it into another application. Or they manage data across the company, with standardized data groomed for access by many applications.
Automation is about all of those things. And every company needs to take a serious look at how they’re approaching it, especially as new tools put the power to solve problems and streamline tasks into the hands of business users. “Low-code,” or self-service, data management and RPA tools enable finance, human resources or other teams to address data challenges in their function and eliminate repetitive tasks. More advanced tools, which require stronger collaboration with the IT department, are also designed for business users and take advantage of artificial intelligence (AI) to intelligently optimize business processes.
Natural language processing is an entry point on the journey to AI. Indeed, many companies are still selecting AI use cases and looking for practical ways to apply the technology. Automation may be the answer they’re looking for.
Intelligent automation quietly incorporates an ecosystem of technologies. Many companies, for example, use customer service chatbots on their websites. Such chatbots often start with rule-based automation and natural language processing but are later fortified with additional cognitive understandings of sentiment. Similarly, when insurance companies send drones to recognize the damage to rooftops after a hurricane, they can optimize machine learning image recognition models as an essential step to quick claims adjustment and payout.
More information on automation and software at AndSoft:
- Keys 2021: The Situation of Freight Transport in South Africa
- Wall Street Journal: Why the global chip shortage is hard to overcome
- Competitive advantages of an integrated logistics management
- USA: Scarcity of pallets and large increase in prices throughout 2021
- Freight train trips between China and Europe soared 70 percent on a yearly basis to 3,345 rides in the first quarter of this year
- Transport + Drone: Test with loads of 100 kg
- Business to business trade activity grew by 10% in the first quarter of 2021, but a recent surge in order volumes is creating fresh challenges for suppliers
- Big data presents supply chain and warehouse managers with an unprecedented opportunity to acquire real-time visibility of goods in transit and part of inventory
- Russian airship manufacturer Aerosmena is to launch its lenticular-shaped 600 tonne payload airship in 2024
- Post-pandemic reflection: Out-of-stock stores in cities?
- Import / export segmentation between China and Europe, supply chains and modes of transport
- 77% of surveyed manufacturers have implemented an IIoT solution, with 20% more planning to do so
- Urgent Video Tutorial on Lean Six Sigma
- How do I digitize my transportation company ?>>>> Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Chaine du froid connectée : le défi de la synergie des solutions
- Maersk announced it plans to launch the world’s first carbon-neutral liner vessel in 2023, which will have a methanol engine
- The electrification of mobility accelerates and rushes the first official deadlines
- Logistics Management: The #logistics keys to face the uncertainties of the different economic sectors
- FitchRatings: Different modes of transport in Europe will recover at unique rates
- Forbes: Advantages of Integrating Artificial Intelligence with Business Management Software
- Innovation of an intermodal rail solution for Kraft Heinz products in Europe
- The British Ports Association: “The UK is definitely leaving the EU’s Customs Union and Single Market which means major changes for cross border trade”
- Amazon is buying 11 used Boeing 767-300 jets from Delta and WestJet, the first time it has bought rather than leased
- Gartner: IT RoadMap for #Cibersecurity
- Lockdown of Thousands of Truckers in Dover: Heroes, resilience
- 10 recommendations to automate your warehouse, today: Technological and human