Barcelona, June 16, 2020.- The prestigious PWC Consultant has published a study on Process Automation in companies. Below, we have made a summary with the most practical conclusions for management software professionals, applied to transportation and logistics companies.
A key automation lever is deciding how to start: with end-to-end processes or with discrete tasks. Within a function, or across the business, successful automation initiatives identify problems that technology can solve—as opposed to starting with a specific technology like RPA or AI and looking at where to apply it. And those problems often come down to data, or, more specifically, to helping the people who currently must wrangle that data. For example, they do this within applications working in ERP systems or between applications when they need to pull data, manipulate it and feed it into another application. Or they manage data across the company, with standardized data groomed for access by many applications.
Automation is about all of those things. And every company needs to take a serious look at how they’re approaching it, especially as new tools put the power to solve problems and streamline tasks into the hands of business users. “Low-code,” or self-service, data management and RPA tools enable finance, human resources or other teams to address data challenges in their function and eliminate repetitive tasks. More advanced tools, which require stronger collaboration with the IT department, are also designed for business users and take advantage of artificial intelligence (AI) to intelligently optimize business processes.
Natural language processing is an entry point on the journey to AI. Indeed, many companies are still selecting AI use cases and looking for practical ways to apply the technology. Automation may be the answer they’re looking for.
Intelligent automation quietly incorporates an ecosystem of technologies. Many companies, for example, use customer service chatbots on their websites. Such chatbots often start with rule-based automation and natural language processing but are later fortified with additional cognitive understandings of sentiment. Similarly, when insurance companies send drones to recognize the damage to rooftops after a hurricane, they can optimize machine learning image recognition models as an essential step to quick claims adjustment and payout.
More information on automation and software at AndSoft:
- UN recognises eTIR as key to combat COVID-19 impacts
- Notes to innovate a proactive strategy in the warehouse
- Do you already think about automating processes in your company?
- IRU: The future of distance learning in road transport
- Galileo Green Lane- easing pressure at the EU´s internal borders
- Post Covid-19: Ways to improve supply chain efficiency
- Global pandemic Covid-19: How to minimize the logistical impact on the supply chain
- Recommendations for adapting your supply chain in a paralyzed world economy
- AndSoft definition and positioning regarding measures and preparation concerning covid-19 (coronavirus)
- Coronavirus: Does China, the world’s factory, paralyze the global supply chain?
- We need training and business volunteering for a new generation of professionals specialized in cyber security
- Main benefits for the new 5G mobile technology and the actual implementation deadlines
- It’s up to the TMS software to meet the requirements of the transport companies and not the other way round
- Gartner: Top strategic technology trends for 2020 (and Part Two)
- Gartner: Top strategic technology trends for 2020 (1st part)
- Keys that could mark the juncture of the stores during 2020
- Predictions of technological innovations that will mature and converge to support greater resilience of the supply chain
- The balance between technological innovation and transport safety
- Is this true?: More than half of transportation and logistics professionals still use a pen and paper to manage their supply chain
- Ten tips to choose the best Transport TMS for your carrier or logistics company
- The supply chain software is changing for the integration of AI, IoT, Blockchain, ML, etc.
- Assimilate the SCM 4.0, before the new SCM 5.0 floods us
- Venture Beat: “Engineers are the perfect tech CEOs”
- Understanding and business decisions from the growing volume of data, key in the food industry
- HTFM MI Forecast: What will be the evolution of the world logistics market until 2023?
- The safest roads in Europe and those with the most accidents by type of road and mode of transport